Thursday 25 June 2009

ammamma

Grandmother

I had very good memories of my grandmother. Literally speaking, she was also my paternal aunt as well as my mother was married to her maternal uncle. My Grandmother played a fundamental part in my life.

Myself and my cousins , we have learnt so many things from you. She taught us how to read and write Telugu perfectly. Most of my school classmates say that their Telugu improved when we had a change of Telugu teacher in our 8 grade. But even before my 8 grade and throughout my childhood I had a good fluency of reading and writing Telugu perfectly because of her mentoring. When my mother and aunt (pinni) were going out or while they were working, my grandmother used to take care of us and cook delicious Andhra Brahmin food which we used to relish. She taught us Telugu vyakaranam. It’s because of her my teacher language skills are good not because of any teacher.

She had her set of old age depression and problems which made an impact of her quality of life especially when she was sick. Grandparents play a vital role in everyone’ lives. But today the society is changing and kids have very limited access to their grandparents because of many reasons.

I still think children learn valuable information from grandparents which these so called corporate schools do not teach. I really feel upset for my son who is unaware of that kind of affection and hardly can he expect any affection from his grandmother.

The second generation should love their parents and spend some quality time with their parents and make sure their small wishes are fulfilled and encourage their kids to learn some things from grandparents a lot of things which their never think of. I mean in terms of religion, culture and tradition. Grand kids should also spend some time with their grandparents even though their education demands a lot of time for themselves. They should never complain and gossip about their grandparents with their parents. If any problem arises, they should talk in a peaceful way rather than creating fuss as they are your parent’s parents.

Grandparents should exercise love rather than their authority on family matters and their descendants.

The negative kind of structure is because of the increasing influence of nuclear families and other materialistic demands.

This is message to all grandparents who do not understand the mutual sharing of love and affection towards their grandkid and is in concept of divide and rule should make a note and step forward and be lovable. Loves can our lives wonderful. I am sending this message as my kid is unaware of actual love from his paternal grandmother. Some times tears flow through my eyes. And I had to stop here.

No comments:

Post a Comment