Thursday 25 June 2009

మాతృదేవోభవ


Mother’s love

Mother plays a vital role in everybody’s life. My mother passed away when I was only 9 years old. All I can recall about her was she used to be beautiful and was a bharatnatyam dancer. I believe that some of her charm has rubbed on me. As my memory power is very good, I can recall those sweet memories. My mother used to be very strict in discipline and studies. As ఫర్ as my studies are concerned, she wanted me to secure not only good percentage but also to get first rank in the class. Getting first rank used to be very hard. Even then I got first rank in most of my kindergarten and primary classes. She used to work as teacher in an aided school. While walking through her school, there used be a house of my classmate and she used to be my competitor in those days. My mother wanted me to compete with her. After her demise I used to study but to secure good percentage not like today’s children who are very studious and do not find time to play or engage in any activities.

I had also sweet memories with my relatives when my mother was alive. Every day we used to be surrounded by relatives and friends. She used to be affectionate with every one irrespective of caste, creed and religion. She used to be very affectionate and when required acted very strict towards me. I recall one memory, somebody said that children whose mother is working tend to take pride and in some cases arrogant. If you were mother alive, you would be probably being acting like them. I gushed and said having a mother is more than expecting anything else. Working or not working, it doesn’t matter. What matters is the live physical presence and love of her.

I still miss my mother. I miss my mother for not only myself, for also my tiny tot who is ignorant of love and affection of his grandmother. Even grandmother plays a fundamental part of our lives. I try to be like her balancing relation with our personal emotions. May be some of the traits I took from my mother which keeps me going to protect my self esteem and dignity while there is impediment in my relations. I miss the festivals she used to celebrate like sankranthi, deepavali, dasara, varalakshmi vratham and karthika masam poojalu. I wish those days would come back. The first sloka or chalisa I learnt was hanuman chalisa. She taught me how to read the Telugu text of hanuman chalisa when I was in my 1st or 2nd grade and at the same time she used to read aloud without the help of any book. She also taught me the importance of poojalu and how good it is to be vegetarian as we are strictly supposed to be. I learnt so many good things from her even at that tender age. I think those are all the basic steps to lead a good life and to be traditionally and culturally well behaved and be good humans.

If my mother was alive, there could be a lot of difference. I would have been totally different person. All these years, I learnt a lot all by my personal experience in life. It would have been great if my mother would have been there to guide me, protect me and appreciate me. Hats off! to all mothers who take a lot of pain in raising their kids.

My mother has come back in the form of my son. A few years before a flower and blossomed and shed and it has budded and took the form of grandchild.



No comments:

Post a Comment